Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.
~Martin Luther King, Jr.
Ayur Gyan Nyas was founded with the aim to inculcate ethical values in the school curriculum of Primary, Secondary and Higher Secondary schools. Once the programme finds success at the school level, it will be extended to the graduate level. Through this initiative Ayur Gyan Nyas intends to address the moral roots of global problems through developing educational techniques that will cultivate the inherent capacity of care, compassion, kindness, altruism, honesty etc. in children. Teachers, Parents and Administrators strive hard to understand the reasons and causes of the current mindset of the younger generation that has led to distortion and fast erosion of values amongst children and youth, that gets manifested as violence, instant gratification, insecurities, stress, fear based survival and existence.
Ayur Gyan Nyas strives to device new strategies that not only nurture their natural tendencies of care and compassion but also to help them deal with negative emotions and stressful situations without losing their peace of mind, aiming to minimize negative emotions like anger, hatred, malice, greed and jealousy by implementing specially designed curriculum in schools.
- To inculcate ethics and virtues in the education system through specially designed curriculum and pedagogy.
- To foster educational environment conducive to ethical development of younger generation by making teachers more understanding, patient, empathetic and compassionate.
- To provide educators with the tools and guides to practice and teach mindfulness through easy and doable techniques.
- To teach students strategies to observe and control negative and destructive emotions like anger, hatred, jealousy and malice and helping them assess their ill-effects on them and others.
- To create inner and outer environment conducive to spiritual growth and ethical development of students.